Pulled chicken 🍗
This is one of the better things I made recently. I’m glad I’ve decided to mix chicken breast and thighs because thighs are my favorite part. There’s so much more moist and flavor in them. This is really easy to prepare. I’ve made quite a big batch of it. Serve it inside some good burger buns together with some sour condiments. That’s what I did. You can eat it with pasta, some beans, in a sandwich or whatever. It’s amazingly delicious!
All you need to do is debone some thighs. Or buy them already deboned if you wanna save yourself some effort. I have used more then 1 kg of meat in total.
Cut chicken breast into fillets. Sear all peaces of meat in a skillet on high heat.
Set meat aside and saute one finely diced onion in the same skillet. Add some garlic as well. Then you should add a mixture of liquids to it.
I have used passata, ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce, a bit of 🌶 sauce. Simmer for a few minutes and than add all the chicken back in. Simmer on a medium heat for about an hour or so. Add some water during the process, it will probably be needed.
When it’s cooked, take two forks and shred the meat. It will fall apart easily. Season to taste.
Serve it inside some good burger buns together with some sour condiments. That’s what I did. You can eat it with pasta, some beans, in a sandwich or whatever. It’s amazingly delicious!
- 500 grams deboned chicken thighs + breast 1 lbs
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup passata
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Cut chicken into equal bigger pieces. Sear the meat in a skillet on a high heat.
- Set the meat aside and saute one finely diced onion in the same skillet. Add minced garlic and chili pepper.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce by mixing all the liquid ingredients together. Add it to the chicken and simmer for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken back in and cook for about 45 minutes on medium to low heat. Add some water during the process if needed.
- When the meat is done, shreas the meat by using two forks, it will fall apart easily. Season to taste.