This delicious 30-minutes soup is ideal for all the soup and quick recipe lovers. Creamy mushrooms with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and beans. Super delicious, full of flavor, and simple to prepare!
You won’t need many complicated ingredients to prepare this delicious soup. Actually, you probably already have them all in your kitchen.
You can choose some other type of mushrooms if prefered. I have used button mushrooms this time since they are the most available ones and the ones I use most often in cooking.
Sun-dried tomatoes are one of my favorite ingredients ever. I see them as being the essence of mediterranean summer flavors, joining ripe and by drying, intensified in flavor tomatoes,extra virgin olive oil and a bunch of mediterranean herbs. Can it be any better!?
Then beans. I love them in all kinds of ways. And their role in this recipe is to make the dish a little more hearty and to make if sufficient on its own as a soup.
Spiachis super healthy and I love the vibrant kick it gives to the soup.
When eating these kind of soups and stews, I always like having some good bread on the side to enjoy dunking. Heat it in a pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and let it crisp up. It brings the dish to another level!
Creamy Vegetarian Soup with Mushrooms, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Beans and Spinach
- 10 button mushrooms
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 large handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups pre-cooked white beans
- 1 medium sized onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 5 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them in half or quarters depending on their size.
- Finely dice one onion, mince garlic, and thinly slice sun-dried tomatoes.
- Melt butter in a pot and sauté onions for 5 minutes over low to medium heat, then add mushrooms and tomatoes. Sauté for another 3-5 minutes until soft, add garlic and leave it for one more minute. Then add the flour, and keep stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Add milk and water, white beans, vinegar, and thyme, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add spinach and cream, and season to taste with salt and black pepper. If needed, add more water to make the sauce thinner.
- Serve with some ice bread for dunkings, drizzle with some olive oil and enjoy!