Multi Seed Crackers are often made in our household. They are crispy, delicious, healthy and help replacing bread in some situations. You can use almost any kind of seeds and preparation takes minimum time. Oven does almost all the work. Give it a try.
I have made seed crackers a lot of time. Quality varied a lot during those attempts, I must admit.
When it comes to the seeds, I pretty much always use a similar mix, containing:
- pumpkin seeds
We further need salt, while any kind of herb or spice of your liking is optional.
Just recently I discovered that it is quite useful to add oil and cornstarch for that extra crunchiness. And of course, you need to spread the batter thinly over parchment paper and let it dry in the oven on medium low temperature.
Once it is dry, cut it into equal squares or just tear it with your hand for a more rustic looking cracker result. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Crunchy Seed Crackers
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup flaxseeds
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¾ cup boiling water
- Start by bringing water to the boil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and oil in one bowl.
- Add boiling water to it and combine well. Let it rest for 10 minutes to swell.
- Prepare your baking tray and cover it with parchment paper. Spread seed batter evenly and as thin as possible by using a silicone spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven, on 130 degrees Celsius, for about an hour. You will notice when crackers start to change color slightly and no more moist is left. That will take approximately an hour, up to 75 minutes.
- Once the crackers are baked, take them out of the oven and leave to cool slightly. Cut into squares or tear into irregular pieces.