Roasted pepper and tomato is literally the taste of summer to me. It is the simplest we can get, and the best we can use. Simply roasted, eaten is salads, soups, sandwiches or as an addition to any meal – it is just amazing. This time soup it is. If you´ve never made it, I am telling you that you are definitely missing out on something great.
You can use any type of tomatoes. Either small varieties which are much sweeter or bigger ones. If you are using bigger ones, cut them into sixths or eights prior to roasting.
When it comes to peppers, my favourites are sweet red peppers. I bake them whole and then clean them once they are baked.
Roasted Tomato and Pepper Soup
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 3 sweet red peppers
- ½ cup heavy cream
- handfull basil leaves
- salt, pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Wash tomatoes and peppers. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add olive oil to tomatoes and peppers and mix it with your hands.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Once it´s baked. Clean the peppers- Add basil leaves and put everything in a food processor. Blitz until smooth.
- Warm up the soup on the stove for a couple of minutes only, add heavy cream and season to taste.
- Serve with some fresh basil leaves and croutons. Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy!