This is one delightful either lunch or dinner recipe ready in 20 minutes. I am craving this soup just from looking at all reds and greens being so inviting and appetizing. You can even use some additional vegetable if you have them at hand, but I can say to you that this combination was more than good. You can enjoy it on its own or over rice or quinoa for example.
From the vegetables, being fresh or frozen, I have used:
Other ingredients were:
- sundried tomato paste
- tomato paste (from a tube)
- chili paste
- heavy cream (same as whipping cream)
You can eat this dish on its own, but I would propose eating it with rice or some other carbohydrate. I can imagine quinoa working very well with it. Hope you´ll give it a try.
Tomato and shrimp soup
- 200 g shrimps
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 handfulls spinach
- 1 cup peas
- 3 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp chili paste
- ½-⅔ cup heavy cream
- olive oil, butter
- salt and pepper
- water or stock
- Start by shortly cooking the shrimps. Until they char a bit but not too much. Set aside.
- Add some butter into the same pan and cook diced onions on a low to medium heat. Once it becomes translucent, add minced garlic and chili paste.
- I like adding a bit of vinegar whenever I cook, especially if things get caramelized and stock onto the bottom of the pan. Vinegar delgazes the pan and improves the flavor. But just a teaspoon or so, not more.
- Add sundried tomato paste and tomato paste. Cook shortly and add a cup of water.
- Add peas to cook for a couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cream, a bit more water if needed. Add spinach to wilt. Put back the shrimps you have cooked earlier.
- Serve with rice. Drizzle with olive oil, add freshly cracked pepper and serve.